What Oxgangs Care does
Oxgangs Care provides Day Care services, Lunch Clubs and a Befriending service for older people in EH13 and EH10 areas of Edinburgh.
The service is for:
Older adults living in Oxgangs and surrounding areas who may be:
- Socially isolated
- Living with a long-term condition e.g Dementia
- Need support from carers
Oxgangs Care is a fully inclusive service and will endeavour to be respectful and sensitive to the cultural needs of everyone who uses our service.
We will provide
- Small groups that will run for 49 weeks each year.
- We will close over Christmas and New Year, and the Easter weekend.
- We may provide transport to and from the service, a full lunch and all refreshments and snacks.
- We will have a daily activities programme agreed in advance with the members. Activities may include arts and crafts, sing-a-longs and guest entertainers and speakers.
- Trips out to local attractions will take place at a cost of £5 to cover transport.
Who can use Oxgangs Care
We can accept wheelchair users, but due to limited transport space we can only have two people in each group who is a wheelchair user.
Oxgangs Care can accept older adults, people living with Dementia and other long term conditions.
Oxgangs Care can provide minimal assistance with personal care such as assistance to take medication or help to get to the toilet.
We can accept people who live in the EH13 and EH10 areas of Edinburgh. (area map to follow)